On Wednesday, December 19th, students will be dismissed at noon. As a fundraising project, the WCS Senior Class of 2019 will be hosting Fun Day from 12:00 to 5:30 p.m. Fun Day is for elementary students and includes crafts, games, bounce house, movies, snacks and more! The cost is $25 for the first child, $20 for each additional child. To register for Fun Day, please complete a form and return it, with your payment, to any school office no later than Monday, December 17th. Checks can be made payable to WCS with “Fun Day” in the memo.
Below you will find a few reminders and updated information for elementary
students, and our extended care program:
Emergency Contact Information:
Our school office hours are from 7:30-4:00. If you have an emergency
between the hours of 4:00-5:30 and need to get in contact with one of
our extended care teachers or your student, you may call me on my cell
phone at 918-766-4567. During regular school hours, please call the
school office at 918-333-8631. Please reserve all non-emergency after
hour calls for the following day.
Extended care begins each day with snack time. In your child's lunch
box, please send an easy to clean up snack that is labeled "extended
Signs will be placed on the front doors of the elementary building indicating
the location of the extended care program. If your student is
being picked up by someone other than the usual pick up person(s),
please contact the office during school hours with that information so
we can make our teachers aware of the change. If that person is not on
your pick up list, please send an email stating the name and phone
number of the person who will be picking your child(ren) up. If we are
not made aware of the change of pick up, we will kindly ask the person
picking your child(ren) up to wait while we get confirmation from a
Extended care closes at 5:30 each day. Please make arrangements to
have your child picked up no later than 5:30. Students picked up after
5:30 will be charged an additional $1.00/minute past 5:30.
Dress for the Weather:
As the weather is transitioning to spring, please be advised that we will
spend some time on the playground each day that the weather permits.
Please dress your child accordingly and send a jacket to school.
Students and parents should select clothing that is appropriate for an academic and Christian atmosphere. Each student is expected to dress in a manner that is neat, clean, and modest.
Students are expected to observe the dress code guidelines, and parents are expected to give their students guidance. The administration and teachers of WCS will maintain and enforce the dress code from the time a student arrives on campus until the student is off campus.
• Shorts must be no higher than 4” above the knee when standing. In elementary school, shorts may only be worn before Fall Break and after Spring Break. Secondary students may not wear athletic shorts outside of PE or athletics practice.
• Shirts (or other clothing) displaying suggestive or disruptive lettering and/or symbols, secular music groups, alcohol or tobacco products are not permitted. Tank tops, spaghetti straps, tube tops, bare midriff tops, halter tops, or any similar attire are not permitted.
• Skirt hemlines must be no higher than 2” above the knee when standing.
• Hats, visors, or any head covering are not allowed to be worn in the buildings.
• Pants must be worn around the waist and not drag the floor. Secondary students (6th-12th grades) may not wear track pants outside of PE or sports practices.
• Leggings are not pants and must be covered by clothing that has a hemline no higher than 4" above the knee when standing.
• All clothing should be free of tears, holes, and frayed hems.
• Body piercings other than girls’ ears are not permitted.
• Tattoos must be covered.
• Hair is to be clean, neatly trimmed, and out of the eyes. Hairstyles that are dyed unnatural or multiple colors, mohawks, or ponytails (boys) are not permitted. Facial hair for young men must be kept short and neatly trimmed.
Special dress for activities will be regulated by the instructor with the approval of the administration. When attending after hours WCS activities, students are expected to wear clothing that meets dress code guidelines. Parents are asked to monitor students dress before they leave home.
Physical Education/Athletics Dress Code
Dress code will be established by the P.E. instructor for each activity but will conform to our school dress code. Students are required to wear clean, non-marking athletic shoes while on the gym floor.
Consequences for Dress Code Violations
If a student’s attire violates the dress code, the parents will be required to bring appropriate clothing items. The student will sit in the office until appropriate clothing can be obtained. After the first violation, the consequences of violating the dress code will be after school detention and/or work related tasks. On the third dress code violation a student will be given a one day out of school suspension.
Students in grades 6-12 may participate in Dress Down Thursdays. For the small fee of $2
each Thursday, your middle school or high school student may dress down in one of three ways:
1) Wear sweat /athletic pants
2) Wear athletic shorts
**Please be advised that length requirements of 4 in. above the knee still apply for athletic shorts.
3) Wear a hat to school.
Participating students must purchase a sticker in the middle school or high school office at the beginning of the school day
and wear it throughout the day. All proceeds will go to the senior class to support their senior trip.
WCS is excited to introduce E-giving! Payments can now be made online with a credit/debit card or bank account draft. E-giving allows parents to pay tuition, athletic and other school fees or make gifts to WCS online!! It will only take a few minutes to set up your account here:
Key features include:
Process a one-time payment immediately, process a one-time payment for a future date, or process a monthly recurring payment with a beginning and an ending date. Please be aware that payments may take up to 3 days to process. You may still pay with a check or cash via the office.
The E-giving account manager, Angelina Sapienza, can help you with any questions you have about how to set up your E giving account or any problems you encounter with the system. Her number is 877-771-3336 ext. 2025.
We are very excited about this new opportunity and hope that it is a time saver and blessing for your family.